Looking to buy the best hotel quality sheets in Australia? You’ve come to the right place. To find out, keep reading.
Chances are you love how instantly luxurious hotel quality sheets feel. They are incredibly comfortable to sleep on, aren’t they?
And now you want to offer the best bed linen at your accommodation establishment, right?
Tell you what? You can’t go wrong with hotel quality sheets.
Your hotel, motel, B&B, Airbnb, day spa, caravan park, or whichever accommodation services you offer, will quickly become the most popular in your area.
- Your visitors will be nostalgic - so much that they will keep coming back for your accommodation services again and again
- Your visitors will be impressed - enough to recommend your accommodation services to their friends and family. (And we better not get started on how powerful word of mouth is)
So where do you buy hotel quality sheets in Australia? We’ll tackle that in a bit. But first, let’s find out what makes hotel bed sheets better, shall we?
What Makes Hotel Bed Sheets Better?
“Nothing makes you feel better than when you get into a hotel bed, and the sheets feel so good. Why shouldn't you wake up like that every day? Spend money on your mattress and bedding because these things make a difference in your sleep and, ultimately, your happiness.” - Bobby Berk
For a moment, think about the last time you spent the night in a nice hotel. How was your sleep? What’s the one thing that made you feel well rested and ready to take on the next day with zeal?
You can also have the same hotel quality sheets for your accommodation services.
Here’s the secret:
Hotel sheets are manufactured with actual performance in mind. That means the bed sheets are carefully constructed for ultimate comfort and luxury.
When the best materials are used combined with exceptional quality manufacturing, the end results are premium quality hotel bed sheets.
Now, listen to this very carefully:
Don’t go buying any bed linen. Instead, buy commercial bed linen from commercial linen supplier, wholesale bed linen suppliers, or hotel linen suppliers.
Because commercial linen suppliers stock the right bed sheets for your commercial needs. It is easier, faster, and you get what you want in less time.
While at it you better read: Tips for better sleep.
What are the Features of Hotel Quality Bed Sheets?
Do you know what to look for when buying bed linen for your established?
No idea? Worry not.
We’ll do a quick checklist highlighting the key features you need to keep in mind.
Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Do the bed sheets look and feel luxurious?
- Do the hotel sheets feel substantially smooth?
- Are the sheets attractive to look at?
- Do the bed sheets have a distinct and neutral finishing to suit your accommodation room and decor?
- Are the bed sheets durable enough to serve you for a good length of time?
- Do the sheets have simple laundering requirement? Why? Because you’ll be frequently laundering these bed sheets
- Are the sheets wrinkle-free (for no ironing)?
- Are the bed sheets easy to open, fold, and tuck?
Before we go any further, have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn’t sleep? Watch this video and learn.
How to Pick the Right Fabric for Your Luxurious Hotel Quality Sheets?
At this point, you realise that you need to pick the right sheets with the features we’ve discussed above.
But the problem is:
There are so many fabrics to choose from. So which fabric do you pick for your commercial bed sheets and why?
Clueless? We’ll help you decide.
We’ll discuss satin bed sheets and cotton bed sheets. Once you are done reading, you will be ready to buy your commercial bed linen like a PRO.
Excited? Let’s figure out bed linen fabric...
Satin Bed Sheets
Are satin bed sheets comfortable?
With satin bed sheets, you get timeless elegance and soft luxuriousness. No wonder they belong to the luxe bedsheet market. The sheets have a silky feel and keep you cool throughout the night (especially in summer).
Are Satin Sheets Worth It?
Satin bed sheets are less expensive compared to silk bed sheets but pricier than sheets made of synthetic fabrics. So, if you are after a luxurious sleep, but can’t afford silk, then satin is for you.
Heads up: Satin is not a fabric per se. Rather satin is a fabric feel or weave (think extra shiny and smooth).
Satin bed linen is available in a wide variety of deep colours. Therefore, if you’re looking to add colour to your accommodation rooms, satin sheets are a good choice.
Are Satin Bed Sheets Durable?
In its classical understanding, satin fabric is made from 100% high-quality silk, which is synonymous with durability.
The nylon and polyester types, however, are a different thing altogether. If you purchase cheap satin sheets, be ready for them to start wearing out fast.
When shopping for your satin bedsheets, you need to be careful not to confuse satin with sateen.
To help you differentiate satin from sateen, check the table below:
Here are your choices when it comes to satin bed sheets:
1. Silk Satin Sheets: You get ultimate luxury with these fine, silky, and lustrous sheets. But they come with an expensive price tag and high maintenance requirements.
2. Polyester Satin Sheets: These sheets are strong and easy to maintain. The synthetic fibre makes them wrinkle resistant and affordable.
3. Acetate Satin Sheets: They’re made from wood fibres. And are very soft and satiny. However, they have very weak fibres therefore not a good choice for your beddings.
4. Nylon Satin Sheets: This fabric is strong, durable and doesn’t wrinkle after washing.
The bed sheet surface may start pilling after some use.
Exposure to too much heat will destroy the nylon satin sheets.
5. Linen Sheets: Linen sheets feel airy when you sleep on them. Its fabric is durable, crisp, and looks very elegant.
Despite linen sheets wrinkling easily, they will still look good on your bed. Notably, after many washes, linen sheets soften and drape beautifully.
Sleep Duration Recommendations:
As it turns out, you need to sleep for a given duration depending on your age. Don’t risk your health: get sufficient sleep. And the above chart tells you how.
Back to what we were saying...
Cotton Bed Sheets
Let’s say you have sheets of 100% Egyptian cotton, 100% Pima cotton (trademarked Supima), and 100% cotton to choose from. Which cotton bed sheets will you pick and why?
You may end up with cheap and scratch bed sheets that bleed on the first wash. (If you come across wrinkle resistant or waterproof cotton sheets chances are they have been treated with chemicals).
Bed sheets that look and feel soft and are colour fast. (Always choose sheets in their natural state).
With that in mind, let’s look at a variety of quality cotton bed sheets to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Cotton Sateen Bed Sheets: Cotton sateen makes the best bed sheets that are:
Don’t forget to get satin pillowcases for an elegant finish.
2. Egyptian Cotton Bed Sheets: These bed sheets are manufactured using cotton harvested along the river Nile - hence the name Egyptian cotton. Their long fine fibres ensure less piling on the surface of the fabric.
3. Percale Sheets: Percale is a closely woven plain weave cotton fabric. It feels soft and cool and has a crisp texture. The bed sheets are suitable for use in warmer regions or if you get overheated when you sleep. Percale fabric thread count ranges between 180 to 200.
4. Batiste Voile Sheets: The soft sheer cotton bed sheets are suitable for use in warm weather. They are lightweight and crisp thus wrinkle really bad. But if you insist on using the sheets, you’ll have to iron them first. Otherwise, this fabric is best suited for embroidery work.
5. Cotton Seersucker sheets: Cotton seersucker sheets are lightweight and their surface looks slightly puckered. Against your skin, they feel extremely comfortable. These bed sheets suitable for use in areas with a warm climate because they are made to leave you feeling cooler.
6. Cotton Jersey Sheets: To get a clearer picture of the feel of cotton jersey bedsheets, think about how your t-shirt feels on your body. This smoothly knit fabric bed linen is suitable for use in both warm and cool temperatures.
7. Combed Cotton Sheets: Combed cotton is very (very!) soft cotton fabric. It can either be woven or knit.
- Woven Combed cotton - feels crispy but wrinkles easily
- Knit combed cotton - stretches, resistant to wrinkle, and is much easier to fit on a mattress
8. Blended cotton sheets: Cotton is blended with polyester and other synthetic fibres to create a fabric that has the best qualities of each of these two fabrics. Combined, these fabrics make easy to maintain, wrinkle-free, and breathable bed sheets.
9. Cotton Flannel Sheets: These flannel bed sheets have a thick, soft, and fluffy texture because their surface is napped. Therefore, the surface traps warmth inside ensuring you stay warm during cold nights.
Cotton flannel sheets won’t dry as fast as you may like them to. But, they don’t crease much.
10. Bamboo Sheets: These bed sheets are getting popular by the day due to their eco-friendliness.
As the bamboo bed sheets keep you warm throughout the night, they don’t trap in the heat. Therefore, the bamboo bed sheets are a good choice for any climate.
11. Chenille: This is a fascinating thick and very fluffy fabric. It is a popular fabric for making blankets and bedspread. Chenille is named after a French word that means caterpillar.
12. Acrylic sheets: Acrylic is a synthetic fabric. It doesn’t feel comfortable on the skin compared to cotton or sateen. Mostly, comforters are made using acrylic, not the actual sheets.
Here’s more on the acrylic fabric:
- It doesn’t wrinkle.
- It’s available in a variety of colours.
- Exposure to hot sunshine doesn’t affect its colours.
- It is prone to pilling.
13. Brocade Sheets: Brocade means “embossed cloth” from the Italian word broccato. The brocade bed sheets consist of raised pattern and silk threads woven in beautiful designs. So you can expect vivid colours and brilliant designs fro your bedspread.
Bonus: The fabric care cheat sheet to help you out with all these fabrics we’ve discussed.
Where to Buy Hotel Quality Sheets in Australia
“Sleep is the golden chain that binds health and our bodies together.” - Thomas
Australian Linen Supply stock hotel quality sheets and linen for every occasion. That includes:
Australian Linen Supply is one of Australia’s leading importers and distributors of linen products designed for commercial laundry use, the hospitality sector and healthcare industries.
Australian Linen has been servicing the accommodation industry for 40+ years.