When you think of supplies that people always need, toilet paper, like food, should be on the list. Imagine going a day without it?
You cannot overlook the importance of this hygienic product. Not if you want to keep dirt, germs, and diseases at bay.
Commercial entities have a legal obligation to provide sanitation facilities and products. These could be for staff or customers.
Proper sanitation is a basic human right. The state of your washrooms matters, including when they are for your staff.
A neglected toilet interferes with the work environment. It can affect employee satisfaction and productivity. For washrooms accessible to guests, a bad experience affects customer satisfaction.
Either way, the odds of harming your business are high when you fail to provide clean washroom facilities.
But it shouldn’t come to that. You can make a positive impression on staff and guests by:
- Keeping your washrooms clean and functional.
- Refilling the hand soap dispenser.
- Supplying clean water to wash hands.
- Providing enough toilet paper.
To ensure that you never run out of toilet paper, buy in bulk. This doesn’t mean hoarding or stocking up for the sake of it!
It is buying large quantities and reaping bigger discounts. Here are some tips to ensure you get the most for your money through bulk buying:
Tip 1. Be Budget-Conscious
A little budgeting goes a long way!
Going shopping without a budget is an easy way to fall prey to unintended overspending.
Aim to keep your expenses low and maximise your business’ revenue. Even when you are only buying one item, it is wise not to overlook your expenditure.
Take advantage of free budgeting tools available online and create a budget.
Once you have a budget, you will know beforehand the highest price you are willing to spend on toilet paper. But do not compromise on quality.
With a good plan, purchasing supplies in bulk will save you money and time. You shouldn’t have to keep making trips to the store every other week. Time is money.
Consider using a toilet dispenser for your washrooms. It helps you save on toilet paper wastage and reduce the risk of theft, especially in toilets with high traffic.
If yours is a small commercial setting, then it is cheaper to use the standard roll of toilet paper.
Washrooms with large traffic need a jumbo toilet roll. It has more toilet paper and cuts the cost induced by restocking now and then. Jumbo toilet roll is also durable.
Georgia Pacific-Compact Vertical Double Roll Coreless Tissue Dispenser holds two rolls of tissue.
They are available in plastic or stainless steel from ALS.
Plastic toilet dispensers are cheaper and easy to clean and maintain.
They are also more stylish and ideal for small commercial settings.
For public premises with high traffic, use the stainless steel option.
Although they are come at a cost, they are long-lasting.
Install it manually by screwing it to a wall. It is easy to do, but ALS can also install it for you. This will prevent any risk of damage. Better safe than sorry!
Tip 2. Do a Price Comparison
Brand loyalty depends on which brand meets your best interests.
Compare the prices of brands. The purpose of competition between brands is to offer customers different options.
Settle for a brand whose price is within your budget as long, as there is no compromise on quality.
Beware that brands often use certain marketing tricks to get buyers to buy more. Don’t fall for these.
An item can read ‘bulk bargain deal’ but that doesn’t mean the deal is worth it. If you are not careful, bulk buying can cost you more.
To find out if the deal is worth it, calculate how much you will spend per unit. A good deal is one where the cost per unit is low. When this is the case, you will save some cash to buy in bulk.
Use this formula
The total price of item (TP) divided by the number of items in a package (NP)= price per unit(PP)
At a first glance saving $10 on an item may seem little. But it adds up in the long run. Think of it this way, if you save $10 each month, in a year you will have saved $120.
And that's on one item!
Also, compare prices between stores. Sometimes stores have different prices for the same product. Save your money by buying where the product is cheaper, but the quality isn’t compromised.
Tip 3. Sit Back and Shop Online
The internet is a great place to shop. Use it to your advantage. Some benefits of online shopping vs in-store shopping are:
- Social distance. At such a time when Coronavirus is a pandemic, social distancing is a necessity. Say goodbye to crowds and long queues with online shopping.
- Convenience. The internet allows you to find what you need convenient at the click of a button.
- Get free deliveries. Carrying supplies is a thing of the past. Online stores offer free deliveries if you are willing to wait at least two days for your product. The wait is a small price to pay for the free transport cost.
- Buy with coupon vouchers. Search online for vouchers and coupons. You can buy your supplies at a discount. Talk about a superb deal!
- Check online reviews. There are lots of reviews online for different products and services. Read them. By the time you settle for a product or service at a specific store, you know you have made the best choice.
- Save your time and energy. Forget the trips to stores. First, check websites of local stores to confirm product availability before placing orders. You can also contact their customer care to confirm. This will save you the time you would have made by going to the physical stores to check.
- Compare pricing before making purchases. Compare pricing on websites to know which stores have the best deals. Settle for the lowest price guarantee on products.
Tip 4. Stock Up
Toilet paper is a good item to stock up on indefinitely. You never have to worry about it going bad. That doesn’t mean you stock up what you don’t need.
If your monthly usage is 100 rolls, buy 100 rolls.
Stick to your budget. Even when you can afford it, don’t get the item in excess.
You also need to have enough storage space. If you don’t have enough space, you may end up paying for storage. This defeats the purpose of buying in bulk.
Stocking up only makes sense when you are saving cash per unit price. This gives you room to stretch your resources.
Shop Bulk and Save Today
Now you are clear on how bulk buying can save you money and time.
But it gets even better.
You can also save the environment with bulk buying! When buying toilet paper, consider the impact it has on the environment.
Choose an option that has fewer layers of wrapping cover. The jumbo pack meets this criterion compared to an individual pack, hence another benefit of bulk buying.
Use a commercial dispenser that dispenses one sheet of toilet paper at a time. This prevents waste. The Georgia Pacific-Cormatic Paper Dispenser from ALS is specifically designed for this.
Made from recycled materials and chlorine-free, this commercial dispenser is eco-friendly!
What are you waiting for?
Check ALS today and have us meet all your commercial toilet paper needs. You will save on money, time, and the environment. Can you get a better deal than that?