5 Lovely Baby Shower Table Setting Ideas
Pregnancy and childbirth can be emotionally and physically draining. Pregnant women deal with a lot of distressing issues: cravings, swollen feet, morning sickness, and outgrowing clothes, not to mention struggling to sleep!
A baby shower is a perfect opportunity to pamper the expectant mother. It creates a memorable experience for her.
It is also a celebration of the expected new life. Through gifts and words of advice, the expectant mother gets to prepare for the journey ahead.
To have a successful baby shower, you need to plan well. Here are some things worth paying attention to.
A great venue goes a long way in ensuring that a baby shower is fun and successful. Restaurants are a good choice to host baby showers. The benefits of choosing a restaurant as a venue are myriad.
To appeal to expectant mothers ensure your restaurant offers:
- Decor: Organise your venue’s decor according to the preferences of the customer.
- Meal prep: The customer has chosen your restaurant to make things simple. Make sure you have a selection of snacks and appetisers that suit the theme of their baby shower
- Catering: Choose your friendliest and most capable staff and assign them to the party for the duration of the shower.
- Cleaning up: Guests get to sit back and enjoy the party without worrying about cleaning up afterwards. Ensure your staff tidy as the shower progresses. This will prevent a feeling of clutter or disorder.
- Seating arrangements: There is plenty of room in a restaurant to have a seating arrangement of your customer’s choice. Make sure to mention this when you are contacted for enquiries.
- Guests: Your restaurant should be versatile and able to accommodate a small or large number of guests.
Every restaurant owner wants their restaurant to be the choice for a baby shower. With a proper table setting, you can create a good ambience for either an indoor or outdoor baby shower.
In this article, you will learn how to create a lovely baby shower using a variety of themes:
1. Bohemian-Themed Baby Shower Table Setting
A bohemian-themed baby shower is great for a laid back mum-to-be.
Set the tone of the room by hanging branches and flowers on one wall. This creates a beautiful backdrop and is perfect for a free-spirited boho baby shower.
When setting tables, allow the customer to pick the colour palette, within reason. They don’t have to settle for gender-typical baby shower themes for boys and girls.If your customer is not a fan of colours, opt for an all-white baby shower. Choose good quality table linen and napkins to match the theme. Here are some examples:
Make an impression with your centrepieces by placing mason jars filled with seasonal flowers.
Adorn your chairs with some greenery - a bohemian staple.
2. Bee-Themed Baby Shower Table Setting
If the customer doesn’t know the gender of the baby, a bee-themed baby shower is ideal.
It’s also a fun theme that includes men and women in the baby shower. Who said men can’t attend a baby shower?
Set a warm scene for the party using the colours of a bumblebee by blending yellow, black and white.
Place a linen table runner in the shape of honeycombs on your dinner table. For this informal setting, you will need:
- Charger. Make the charger part of your decor. Accessorise each place setting using a wooden charger.
- Dinner plate. Choose a white dinner plate. It is easy to style by placing a yellow and white paper plate on it.
- Napkins. Place a yellow napkin beneath the dinner plate. It will make the place setting colourful
- Cutlery. Use golden cutlery, they blend well with your theme. Your dinner knife and spoon go to the right side of the dinner plate. The fork goes to the left of the plate.
For your centrepieces, place a mix of white and yellow flowers in black jars. They are perfect for this theme.
Set your dessert table with colourful bites. Sandwiches and pineapples are simple bites that match your theme colours. You can mimic the honeycomb shape by cutting your bites in hexagon shapes.
Serve cold drinks in yellow tumblers with white and black striped straws.
Crown the baby shower by introducing some fun baby shower games. One popular game is to have guests guess baby foods that start with letter B
3. Rubber-Duck Themed Baby Shower Table Setting
Source: Balloon time
Remember how much fun this childhood bath-time staple was? If that’s anything to go by, then it will have a similar effect on a shower.
Lay white linen tablecloths on your dinner tables, enhancing the decor by adorning your chairs with a yellow bow tied at the back.
Spice up your table by placing a blend of blue or yellow tableware. Serve your guests cocktails with yellow paper drinking straws.
Place a little rubber ducky on top off all your plates.
Set your dessert table with duck-shaped cookies and cupcakes. Use mini-duckies as your cupcake toppers. Also, include fruits that match the colour palette, such as mangoes, oranges and pineapples.
4. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Themed Table Setting
This star-themed baby shower lets you set up an exotic look.
To do this, first set a shimmering backdrop. Hang some blue shimmering star and moon shapes on ceilings and chandeliers. Add shiny star balloons to mimic the sky.
Then drape your dinner tables with a baby blue tablecloth. This gives the table a gentle and whimsical feel.
Use star-covered plate chargers to add whimsy to your place setting.
Place folded white matching napkins, using high-quality folded napkins from Australian Linen Supply.
Lastly, as an eye-catching centrepiece, place some shimmering glitter in a mason jar. Arrange colourful flowers in the jar and set them on the table.
The baby shower is not complete without gifts for the expectant mother. Add fun to the shower by having guests decorate some baby clothes using stars.
Watch this video to see how to go about it.
5. Jungle Themed Baby Shower
A new baby becomes the king or queen of the jungle!
Let nature inspire your decor for this theme. For your wall decor hang balloons in green, black and yellow.
Dress the dinner tables with tree branches and a greenery table runner.
Make your jungle table centrepieces the focal point for your guests. A good idea is to place a wooden slab on your table with a mason jar filled with flowers. You can also add small sculptures of jungle animals.
Place some tropical fruits on your dessert table. Mangoes and bananas are a good choice. You can serve them as whole fruits or make a fruit salad.
Give some thought to the drinks you will serve. Serve your guests some cocktail or mocktail jungle juice made of mangoes and bananas.
Every jungle has animals. Serve cupcakes decorated in a monkey shape.
Here is how to go about the decorations.
Sometimes guests are short of gift ideas. Send them some party gift ideas such as clothespins with jungle animal designs.
Crown the baby shower with some fun animal-themed games. For example, have the guests list down baby jungle animals and see who comes up with the most names!
Get the Perfect Linen Supplier to Host Successful Baby Showers
You now have enough ideas on how to set a lovely baby shower table setting!
Australian Linen Supply will meet all your table linen needs:
- They lead the linen supply market in Australian with 48 years of service.
- They produce high-quality standards of linen under ISO 9001:2015.
- They are a trusted business, serving 2.5k Australian businesses weekly.
What are you waiting for?
Contact ALS today and order your table linen.