Congratulations on deciding to buy the best hotel quality sheets for your accommodation property.
That’s a brilliant decision.
Tell you what, your guests deserve to sleep on insanely smooth, crisp, and super cosy hotel sheets.
And guess what? As a result, your guests will love your place and keep coming back again and again. Better still, they’ll recommend your establishment to their friends and family.
And you know what that means? More customers, more sales, more profit - a win for your business.
So let’s get down to business and help you buy the best hotel sheets for your accommodation property.
Ready? Let’s jump right in.
Pick Out Suitable Materials for Your Hotel Sheets
The suitable fabric or material for your hotel sheets largely depends on your personal preferences.
The following questions will help you decide. Therefore, ask yourself:
- Do I want easy to care for sheets that are wrinkle-resistant?
- Do I want hotel sheets with a silky, crisp, or soft texture?
- Do I want lightweight sheets that are breathable? Or, heavier and warmer sheets?
- Do I want bed sheets with key special features such as moisture wicking properties?
Once you get an answer to these questions, read on for the various fabric analysis. You will learn more about your ideal fabric for your hotel sheets.
Overview: Linen is a natural fabric that’s made from the flax plant. It is one of the oldest fabrics. Linen bed sheets are often expensive.
Texture and Appearance: Linen is a sturdy fabric that softens and smoothes after every wash. It wrinkles easily hence needs ironing.
Linen Special Features:
- Allows your skin to breathe and regulate temperature
- Has extra-long fibres that make it strong and durable
- Absorbs the body humidity on the surface of your skin and quickly removes it
- Hypoallergenic; never irritates your skin
- Linen is lint-free, antistatic, and naturally insect repellant
- Linen doesn’t stretch over time
Overview: Silk is a natural fabric produced by silkworms. Silk bed sheets are very expensive to purchase. You can only machine wash or hand wash linen sheets.
Texture and appearance: Silk is the smoothest most and most luxurious of all fabrics. Silk has a sensual drape.
- Wicks moisture away naturally to keep you dry while you sleep (the average person sweats about 2 cups of water per night)
- Breathable thus you can’t get too hot sleeping on silk sheets
- Hypoallergenic; gentle on your skin and hair
- Discourages microbial growth because silk doesn’t retain moisture
- Prevents dust mites in their tracks
- Luxuriously soft and comfortable to sleep in
3. Cotton Sateen
Overview: Cotton sateen bed sheets are made of cotton fabric using sateen weave (we’ll get to fabric weave in a bit). These are easy to care for sheets because they can withstand many washes under high temperatures.
Texture/Appearance: Extremely soft, silky, and lustrous with a soft sheen.
Weight: Light to medium.
- Absorbs and evaporates moisture
- Drape well, are sheeny, smooth, and delicate
- Affordable compared to silk and linen bed sheets
- Hypoallergenic; best for guests with sensitive skin
- Resist mildew because the sheets repel water
Tempted to look around? Here are hand-picked cotton sateen sheets worth checking out.
4. Cotton Percale
Overview: Cotton percale hotel sheets comprise a tight fabric weave (percale) on cotton fabric. The result is durable sheets with little room for wear and tear.
Texture and Appearance: Cool, crisp, and soft bed sheets with no sheen.
Weight: Light to Medium
- Absorbs and evaporates moisture so you cool throughout the night (perfect for summer)
- Stronger when wet thus can withstand frequent washes under high temperatures
- Crisp and matte finish that is flat and feel cool when you touch
- Cotton percale sheets are tightly woven, therefore, dust mites will hardly penetrate your sheets
- Cotton percale sheets get softer with each wash
Do you think cotton percale sheets are the right option for you? Here are some samples worth checking out.
5. Cotton Blend
Overview: Cotton blended with polyester makes poly-cotton bed sheets. These sheets bear the best qualities of both cotton and polyester fabrics.
Texture/ Appearance: Soft, breathable, and smooth to touch sheets without a sheen.
- Transports excess warmth away from your body
- Regulates your body temperature within a comfortable range
- Less prone to wrinkling
- Doesn’t shrink after washing
- Easy care
Examples of poly-cotton bed sheets include:
Select Your Preferred Fabric Weave
Fabric weave is the feel of the fabric. In most cases, you will have to decide between percale weave and sateen weave.
So, percale vs sateen, what is the difference? Keep reading to find out.
Percale weave: an open breathable weave that results in cool crisp sheets that feel so nice to sleep on. Percale sheets wrinkle a bit more than sateen sheets.
Sateen weave: a denser weave that is less breathable. Since sateen sheets are heavier, they are best suited for hot sleepers. Sateen sheets are smooth, shiny, and less prone to wrinkling.
The chart below will help you pick the best fabric weave for your needs. Check it out.
Choose Your Ideal Thread Count
Thread count is termed as the number of vertical (waft) and horizontal (weft) threads used per square inch of fabric. Generally, a higher thread count means that you will get heavier and longer lasting bed sheets.
But things can get complicated. Some manufacturers actually manipulate their bed sheet’s thread count. The video below explains this point further. Take a look.
So how do you select the ideal thread count without being tricked? Here are some pointers to keep in mind:
Approx. 200 thread count sheets:
- Soft and slightly textured sheets
- Harder and heavier sheets that are cheap
- May irritate sensitive skin
- Cool to sleep on all year round
- Best if you enjoy semi-crisp and light sheets
Approx. 400 thread count sheets:
- Soft and fine feel
- Cool to sleep on all year round
- Silky smooth, lush, and affordable
- Best for luxurious hotel quality sheets
Approx. 500 thread count:
- Heavy crispy feel until broken in
- Relatively cool to sleep on especially in summer
- The sheets are a refreshing mix between heavy and soft
- Best if you enjoy heavy sheets that are soft to touch
Approx. 600+ thread count:
- Heavy crispy feel until broken in
- Warmer because of increased thickness
- Heavier dense sheets that keep you cosy
- Best if you enjoy heavy warm sheets
Pick Suitable Colours for Your Hotel Sheets
It pays to pay special attention to the colours you pick for your hotel sheets.
Like most hotels, you can go for white bed linen. White bed linen looks elegant, shows stains easily, and blends easily with any room colour.
But if you want to stand out from the crowd, feel free to try out coloured bed sheets. Adding colourful bed sheets to your rooms will definitely give them that out of the ordinary look.
Clueless on what colours to pick? Here are some awesome choices:
- Charcoal grey
Pick Your Hotel Sheets in Their Right Sizes
Otherwise, if you get small sheets, they won’t fit in your mattress, and if you get bigger sheets, you’ll have to slightly tuck them in.
So how do you skip the guesswork and know the right size of bed sheets to buy?
The best solution is to use the mattress measurements. To know the size of the mattress, use a tape measure and measure the sides of your mattress.
Tip: To get your maximum bedding width, measure the distance from the top of your bed to the floor, double it, and add the width of the mattress.
Once you have your measurements ready, use this table to select the ideal size for your hotel sheets.
Mattress Sizes Australia
|92 x 187 cm
|920 x 1870 mm
|36” x 74”
|Long Single Mattress
|92 x 203 cm
|920 x 2030 mm
|36” x 80”
|King Single Mattress
|106 x 203 cm
|1060 x 2030 mm
|42” x 80”
|137 x 187 cm
|1370 x 1870 mm
|54” x 74”
|153 x 203 cm
|1530 x 2030 mm
|60” x 80”
|183 x 203 cm
|1830 x 2030 mm
|72” x 80”
|Super King Mattress
|203 x 203 cm
|2030 x 2030 mm
|80” x 80”
Shop Other Room Supplies Too
Buying new hotel sheets is a fantastic move. Better still, you can opt to upgrade other room supplies. That will give your accommodation rooms a completely new look. We’ll give you some ideas to consider. And if your budget allows, go for it.
We’re talking about:
- Bed covers
- Bed runners
- Quilts (duvets)
- Mattress toppers
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Quilt (duvet) protectors
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Pillow and mattress protectors
Where to Buy Hotel Quality Sheets
Having read this far means that you have the most important information to help you buy your new hotel quality sheets.
But wait a minute…
Do you know where to buy your hotel quality sheets?
We’ll save you the hassle and help you shop online (it is far easier than going to physical stores).
So get to good old Google (or your preferred search engine) and key in the following terms:
- Wholesale bed linen suppliers
- Commercial bed linen
- Motel linen suppliers
- Wholesale linen Australia
- Linen suppliers Australia
- Wholesale bed linen suppliers Australia
- Linen wholesalers Australia
This terms will help narrow your search to Australian wholesale linen suppliers. Remember, we are after the best hotel quality sheets and not just any bed sheets.
Another awesome option is...
You shop for the best hotel quality sheets at Australian Linen Supply.
Australian Linen Supply is one of Australia’s leading importers and distributors of linen products designed for commercial laundry use, the hospitality sector, and healthcare industries.
And by the way, Australian Linen Supply has been servicing the hospitality industry since 1970. That is an impressive 40+ years of service. You can’t go wrong with them. So go ahead and shop by product.
Make Your Bed Irresistible
By now, you have your hotel quality sheets and perhaps other necessary room supplies that needed upgrading.
Now is a good time to make your bed using the new hotel sheets. We’ll show you how to make your bed irresistibly cosy and comfortable.
Watch this video and learn.
Also, check out this bed making SOP for a step by step guide on bed making.
And when you get to pillows, use this infographic to help you lay your pillows well.
It’s Bed Time
Now that you got your best hotel quality sheets, you are ready to accommodate your guests.
Let them sleep on your new hotel sheets - that feel insanely good and they will have every reason to come back to your establishment. And better still, recommend your place to their friends and family.
Want linen for every occasion? Shop bed, bath, food & beverage, and spa linen at Australian Linen Supply.