Although you may have invested in high-quality hotel sheets, how you take care of them makes a big difference.
With proper care, your hotel sheets will always look as good as new. And they will last longer - value for your investment.
Keep reading to learn how to take care of hotel sheets.
Invest in High-Quality Hotel Sheets
Think you’ve invested in high-quality hotel sheets for your accommodation property?
Let’s check whether your hotel sheets meet the criteria:
- Are they specifically designed for the hospitality industry?
- Are they crispier, heavier, and thicker compared to retail bed sheets?
- Do they comprise of a thicker thread count and fabric weave that can withstand frequent use and regular washing?
- Are they made from superior fabric that feels extremely luxurious, soft, smooth, and crisp?
If your bed sheets do not meet the above criteria, then you need to invest in high-quality hotel sheets.
Once you have right sheets; built for commercial use, then taking care of them is much easier.
Let’s help you buy hotel quality sheets before we proceed to learn how to take care of them, okay?
Where to Buy Hotel Quality sheets in Australia?
The best place to get your hotel quality sheets is from commercial linen suppliers. You don’t have to walk from store to store comparing bed sheets. That’s the hard way. Instead, buy your hotel sheets online. And to make your search easier, use these phrases on your favourite search engine:
- Hotel linen suppliers
- Wholesale linen suppliers
- Linen wholesalers Australia
- Hotel quality linen Australia
- Motel linen for sale
- Hotel linen supplier Australia
- Commercial linen suppliers
That is one easy way to buy your hotel quality sheets in Australia. But, there is still an easier way.
At pocket-friendly prices, you’ll get amazing hotel sheets along with:
Keep on Hand the Right Amount of Linen
Picture this: you get a huge number of check-ins. But on checking your inventory, you realise that you have run short of clean bed linen. How would you feel?
You see, with the right amount of linen, you are able to:
- Save on costs associated with labour
- Protect your hotel sheets from frequent launder and use
- Ensure that your guestrooms are always ready by check-in time
You should have the right bedding in place including:
The other points to keep in mind are:
- Preferably, use the triple sheet approach; it is clean
- Change sheets and pillowcases with each full room clean
- Have a maximum of two to three days’ worth of sheets in storage
- Consider the washing up time and have some reserved linen for unforeseen circumstances
Train Your Housekeeping Staff
It is a no brainer - your housekeeping staff will be the ones mostly handling your hotel sheets. If they don’t have full training on how to handle hotel sheets, then you are in for unpleasant surprises. Mishandled sheets won’t serve you as desired.
The solution is to train them fully. Your housekeeping team should be well acquitted with:
- The right washing cycle to use
- The ideal method to use to dry the hotel sheets
- The right ironing temperature to use
- When to use a cold or hot wash or in between
- When to use or avoid bleach, etc.
Provide Cosmetic Cleaning Cloths to Your Guests
Have cosmetic cleaning cloths readily available in your guestrooms. The guests who check-in to your rooms can use them to wipe off the face and eye makeup before going to sleep.
Otherwise, when they sleep with makeup on, it may rub onto and stain your hotel quality cotton sheets, polycotton sheets, silk sheets, etc.
Besides staining your freshly laundered hotel sheets, sleeping with applied make up can lead to:
- Broken eyelashes
- Eye infections
- Eye irritation
- Eyelid eczema
- Chapped lips
- Uneven skin tone
- Dry skin
See how prudent it is to provide your guests with cosmetic cleaning cloths?
Triple-check for Stains
A stain is a difficult to remove discolouration that’s brought about by contact with a foreign substance. There are many types of stains including makeup, coffee, tea, fruit juice, blood, etc.
A triple checking system will help you catch nasty stains early enough. And deal with them as required. Therefore, have your housekeeping staff:
- Check for stains as they pull the sheets from the bed
- Check for stains again before the sheets go into the wash
- Check for stains again before the sheets go into the dryer
Moreover, they can follow these stain removal general rules and guidelines:
- Identify the stain
- Deal with the stain the soonest possible
- Remove excess staining material immediately
- First test the stain removal agent on an inconspicuous place
- Avoid using hot water on an unknown stain
- Use simple methods before resorting to the use of chemicals
- Use milder agents before using stronger ones
- Repeated mild applications are better than one strong one application
- Always ensure that the stain removing agent has been neutralised or washed away
Wash Your Hotel Sheets Using Soft Water
By all means, avoid using hard water to launder your hotel sheets. Hard water contains minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, and manganese. Large amounts of these minerals in your water makes it harder.
- Doesn’t mix well with the detergent nor lather well
- Leaves your clothes with unsightly scum
- Makes your sheets feel stiff, unclean, and prone to attracting more dirt
- May cause skin irritation for guests with sensitive skin
- May cause premature fading on dark coloured sheets
- May weaken and tear your sheets fibre leading to costly replacements
Still, you may have no other option than to use hard water. In that case, you can follow the below guideline on how to do laundry using hard water.
But the best option is to wash your hotel sheets using soft water - it has low levels of metal traces. Any advantages of going this route? Read on.
With soft water, you will:
- Purchase less soap - soft water has greater washing power
- Your sheets will last longer and remain brighter
- Your laundry appliances will last longer because there will be no mineral deposits
- Your plumbing will last longer - no build ups on pipes
Use Energy Efficient Commercial Laundry Equipment
Think about your commercial laundry equipment. Are they energy efficient? Or, they are slowly but surely washing your money down the drain load after load?
Look, it is not enough to have your laundry equipment working well. Behind the scenes, they could be causing you excess labour, gas, and electricity.
So here’s what you can do:
- Buy energy star qualified equipment; the certification program sets energy efficiency standards that products have to meet in order to obtain a given number of stars
- Conduct a professional energy audit of your commercial property to get an overview of the amount of energy your property uses
- Install a laundry ozone system will save time, water, electricity and natural gas as well as reduce chemicals and wastewater. Watch the video below to understand the laundry ozone system better.
Store Your Hotel Sheets Properly
You’ve nailed laundering your hotel sheets. They are fresh and clean. Now, you need to store them properly. How you store your sheets will determine how fresh and clean they feel when a guest uses the one or two weeks down the line.
Read these helpful tips and know how to store your hotel sheets properly.
- Store your sheets in a cool, dark, and well-ventilated place. This step will protect your sheets against developing malodours. They’ll also be safe from dust and mildew build up
- Fill up your storage area with the freshest bed sheets at the back and the older sheets towards the front. This will prevent some sheets from sitting in storage for too long - and losing their fresh appeal
- Don't pack your sheets tightly together. Let them breathe
- Leave it to the professionals. Sometimes you may just want fresh sheets delivered to your establishment every so often. A rental service can help you eradicate the headache of laundering and storing your hotel linens.
Let’s Wrap Up
You now know how to take care of your hotel sheets, right? So go ahead and practice what you’ve learned today. And you will always welcome your guests to the freshest, crispiest, and cleanest hotel sheets ever!
Need to replenish your inventory with more hotel sheets? Head over to Australian Linen Supply. You’ll get unmatched hotel quality sheets and more!
Photo Courtesy:Image by Rudy and Peter Skitterians from Pixabay
Housekeeping Organisation Chart from Setupmyhotel.com
How to do laundry infographic from TheScrubba